Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life at Green Gables

Loving how different (but good) my views on Anne Shirley are compared to my boys. It is so fun listening to them talk about Gilbert Blythe and Diana Barry...it feels like I have introduced them to close friends from my childhood and then seeing them fall in love, want more, cry and laugh like they are really there running through haunted woods, eating ice cream for the first time ..


questioning why anyone would want puffed sleeves, getting angry at Marilla for false accusations and loving her all over again. I have overheard them discussing how great Matthew is, "a kind a soul, they are using words like "kindred spirit, naming places around us imaginative names, and talking about Mrs. Lynn like they can't imagine how someone could be that awful.

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to invite you to the Arkansas Women Bloggers Conference on June 10 - 12!

    I didn't see an email on your website to send you a direct note, so I apologize for using a comment to share the information.

    Hope you can join us to meet fellow Arkansas Women Bloggers, bond and be inspired!

    Conference details: http://bit.ly/h0zfY9

    Best,
    Beth Stephens
    Ozark Natural Science Center
    beth@onsc.us

    ReplyDelete